What are allergies? Have you ever really thought about it? Why do we get them? What can I do to be free of them?
An allergy is a response by the body’s immune system to a substance that may not normally be harmful. In some people, the immune system wrongly identifies a nontoxic substance as an invader, such as healthy foods. The white blood cells overreact, creating more damage to the body than the invader. Thus, the allergic response becomes a disease in itself.
Almost any substance can cause an allergic reaction in someone, somewhere in the world, but the most common allergens are pollen, dust, certain metals, some cosmetics, lanolin, dust mites, animal dander, insect venom, some common drugs, and many chemicals. Many people are allergic to mold. Mold spores are carried by the wind and predominate in the summer and early fall. Cutting grass, harvesting crops, or walking through tall vegetation can provoke an allergic reaction. Foods can be one of the primary reasons for allergic reactions.
If an allergy is an inappropriate response by the body’s immune system, how can we get the immune system to respond appropriately? The simple answer is to give the immune system the fuel it needs, the right fuel, so that it can function optimally. The immune system reacts, or overreacts, in this way because it is not getting the nutrients it needs and is not able to remove toxins freely. These are two essential needs of all cells to function optimally.
Today our immune system is under a lot of additional pressure from stress, environmental pollution, artificial foods, lack of sleep, and inadequate exercise. There are many ways to strengthen our immune system to ward off allergies and other diseases, including the flu.
Below is a list of actions you can take to strengthen your immune system, and free yourself from allergies, colds, viruses and other diseases.
- Garlic is a triple-whammy: it’s antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal. Garlic is one food that you should be eating every day. You may choose to eat, “drink”, or take a quality garlic supplement (Standard Process whole clove Garlic: 1-3 tablets daily). When eating, it is important to note that the garlic must be fresh to give you optimal health benefits. The active ingredient is destroyed within one hour of pressing the garlic.
- If you or your family member showing signs of runny nose, cough, congestion, sneezing; eliminate all dairy products for a few days. Dairy products increase the production of mucus and can actually CREATE more congestion, and amplify the feeding ground for bacteria and viruses. To be safe, eliminate any milk, cheese, yogurt, etc. while boosting your immune system and building back your energy reserves. Visit www.notmilk.com to learn more about the ill effects of dairy.
- Refined sugars decrease the function of your immune system almost immediately. It is especially imperative to avoid sugar if you feel you are coming down with something, and keeping refined sugar out of your diet will do wonders for your health and make your body stronger, making it extremely easy to avoid the ill effects of allergies, colds and viruses. Refined sugar is present in foods you may not suspect like ketchup and fruit juice, so stay alert.
Supplementation (All recommendations are in Adult Dosages):
- Potent C Guard 1 tsp 2-3 daily depending on bowel function, body size
- Digesta Guard capsules 2 caps 2X day
- Echinacea Premium 1 tablet, or 1 teaspoon 2X daily of liquid
- D3 Cell Guard liquid 5-10 drops 2X per day
- Zinc Lozenge 1 tablet after meals dissolve by mouth slowly
- Andrographis Complex 1-2 tablet 2X daily
- Sinus Forte 1-2 tablets 2X daily
- Candibactin AR 1-2 capsule 1-2X daily
- St. John’s Wort 1/2 tsp 2-3X daily
- Coloidal Silver 1 tsp 3X day
*Acute Illness (Upon onset):
- Potent C Guard: Perform Ascorbate C Flush at the beginning of each day then take 1/2 tsp every 2 hours
- Echinacea Premium: increased dosage to 3-4 tablets daily (or 1 tablet every 2 hours during acute symptoms, use 1/2 tsp every hour during acute illness
- St. John’s Wort: 1/2 tsp every hour
- Candibactin AR: 1 capsule every hour
- D3 Cell Guard liquid 5 drops 4X per day
- Digesta Guard 1 capsule every hour
- Coloidal Silver 1 tsp 3X day
When you’re tired, it becomes harder for you to get your daily tasks done. The same is true if your body is overly fatigued, it will be difficult for it to fight the flu. Regular rest will keep you strong and ensure that your body has the strength to fight off any potential invaders. Everyone needs a minimum of 8 hours daily for optimum performance! If your immune system is depleted, rest! After all, we cannot think clearly and function 100% without proper rest.
We all face some stress everyday, but if stress becomes overwhelming then your body will be less able to fight off the flu and other illness. Estimations show up to 90 percent of all illness and disease is stress-related. If you feel that stress is taking a toll on your health, consider “deep breathing” and other relaxing techniques (Yoga, meditation, aromatherapy baths, etc). Also consider an Adrenal Stress Index Test www.diagnostechs.com
Exercise increases circulation and blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated, which means your immune system is more efficient at finding an illness before it spreads. In a sense, exercising helps your immune system to be more efficient in weeding and destroying viruses and diseases. Exercise studies have shown up to 250% average increase in immune activity in exercising individuals.
Wash your hands:
Washing your hands decreases the likelihood of spreading a virus to your nose, mouth or other people. If your immune system is strong, it should be able to fight off the virus if it does enter your body, but washing your hands provides a bit of extra protection. Instead of antibacterial soap, identify’ a simple chemical-free soap that you can use. Local health food stores like Trader Joes’s or Whole Foods typically carry a variety of natural soaps.
Contrary to popular belief, vaccination and medication will not help your immune system heal. In fact these will have the opposite effect on your body, pouring toxins into you and weakening your immune system. One example of this; according to the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS), an increased risk of Bell palsy follows intranasal flu vaccination. The makers of the nasal flu vaccine in the study decided not to market it the following season due to the risk. According to GACVS, the greater risk of Bell palsy following immunization with this vaccine may have been due to specific vaccine components, or simply to use of the intranasal administration route. This is just one example of many in the pharmaceutical medicine community.
If allergies are an inappropriate immune response with the primary cause of weakened immune function, it is clear the power to prevent and free ourselves lies in the decisions we make regarding food, supplements, exercise, sleep, stress, cleanliness, and pharmaceutical toxins.
Not sure how to develop a healthy action plan for your personal health needs? Contact us and schedule an appointment to learn what we do and how we can help you find healthy solutions for abundant living.